As with the rest of the world, PurePac Ltd is closely monitoring the ever changing COVID–19 outbreak which has, as you know, become a global issue affecting many countries.
In an effort to help minimise the threat of COVID –19 to our business, our employees and customers, we have introduced a number of new processes/precautions.
We have a business continuity plan in place to ensure we maintain a continued high level of service for all our customers.
We are regularly communicating with all employees to offer information and advice on the Coronavirus situation:
- We have issued a detailed document giving all our staff the facts and figures on Coronavirus. All employees were requested to take the time to read this document and sign to confirm they understand the situation and understand they are expected to follow new business processes and procedures in relation to this unprecedented situation.
- A screening questionnaire has been sent to all our Suppliers who arrange deliveries into the PurePac site. Each driver will be expected to complete the form prior to their arrival.
- Receiving deliveries on site conducted under “minimal contact”. This includes keeping a 2m distance from the delivery driver, not sharing pens, not touching handheld POD devices.
- Until further notice visitors and contractors are no longer permitted on the PurePac site.
- The physical PurePac office is closed.
- All office staff are now fully operational in “home working” and will continue to work from home until further notice.
- We have issued guidance on the universal precautions which should in practice prevent against illness. Including handwashing procedures.
- Handwashing procedures have been posted around the building.
- Staff have been issued with individual hand sanitisers to carry on their person.
- Hand sanitisers are available in each area of the building.
- Wall mounted temperature checkers have been installed in both buildings and staff are instructed to take their temperature at the beginning of each working day.
- A new cleaning/disinfecting rota has been implemented which will take place multiple times per day.
- All production staff have been issued with additional PPE.
- All team breaks have been suspended, replaced with staggered breaks, one employee at a time.
- Employees are taking staggered lunch breaks in separate facility rooms.
- Operational hours have been reduced to minimise the amount of time PurePac employees spend on site.
- All non-essential tasks have been suspended until further notice.
- We are monitoring the health of all our employees on a daily basis.
- Employees reporting or showing symptoms will be asked to self-isolate for 7 days as per the latest Government guidance.
- A full comprehensive reporting process has been communicated should any driver become ill, this will enable us to notify sites they have visited, as part of the containment process.
Please do not hesitate to contact myself with any questions or concerns. In the meantime, PurePac Ltd give you our utmost commitment to ensuring we will continue to support your business through the forthcoming weeks and changing circumstances.
Sylvia Atkinson, Commercial Director